Karnataka State Police (KSP) has invited applications for filling up the vacant posts of Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR). Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria, age limit, salary, selection procedure, exam pattern, vacancy details, application fee, and other important details from the article below. The last date to apply for the post is November 30, 2022.
|Starting Date to apply||19 September 2022|
|Last Date to apply||30 November 2022|
|Last Date to Pay Fees||02 December 2022|
|Written Exam Date||To be announced|
|Date of Endurance Test||To be announced|
|Date of Physical Standard Test||To be announced|
The candidates must have passed SSLC/ 10th Standard or Equivalent from a recognized board or institution.
|General||168 cm||86 cm (5 cm expansion)|
|SC/ST/CAT-1/Tribal||155 cm||75 cm (5 cm expansion)|
Candidates willing to apply for the KSP Armed Police Constable Recruitment 2022 must have
- Minimum age of 18 years, and
- Maximum age for General and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) is 25 years
- The maximum age for SC, ST, CAT-1, and Tribal is 27 years
- The maximum age for the Tribal of Karnataka is 30 years.
Also, the reserved category candidates are provided with relaxation in upper age limit as per the government rules.
Candidates of the KSP Armed Police will be given salary at a pay scale of Rs 23500- 550- 24600- 600-27000- 650-29600-750- 32600-850-36000-950-39800-1100-46400-1250-47650 per month.
Additional benefits and allowances will be provided by the department as stated by the rules.
There are three stages in the selection process of the KSP Armed Police Constable Recruitment 2022.
- Written Examination: The written exam will be an objective questions type test and will have questions based on general knowledge, mental ability, and current affairs. The exam will be for 100 marks and will be for one and a half hours.
- Endurance Test: After qualifying for the written test, the candidates will be called for an endurance test. The endurance test will be conducted as follows:
|Running (1600 meters)||General/OBC: Within 6 minutes and 30 seconds
SC/ST/CAT-1/Tribal: Within 7 minutes
|Long Jump or High Jump||General/OBC: Long Jump – Minimum 3.80 meters in three attempts
High Jump – Minimum 1.20 meters in three attempts SC/ST/CAT-1/Tribal: Long Jump – Minimum 3.45 meters in three attempts
High Jump – Minimum 1.05 meters in three attempts
|Shot Put (7.26 kg)||General/OBC: Minimum distance of 5.60 meters in three attempts
SC/ST/CAT-1/Tribal: Minimum distance of 5.10 meters in three attempts
- Physical Standard Test: Thereafter, the candidates will have to undergo a physical standard test. Under this test, the candidate’s height, chest, and weight will be measured according to the prescribed standards.
- At last, the final merit will be shared disclosing the final shortlisted candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the written examination.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||50||50||1 hour 30 minutes|
The exam will be conducted in English and Kannada medium. It will be having objective type questions and no marks will be deducted for any incorrect answer you mark.
Candidates are called to fill up 3484 vacant posts of Army Police Constable (CAR/DAR). The category wise distribution of the vacancies is shared below.
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
The applicants will have to pay a certain amount as application fees as prescribed by the concerned authorities. The fees will be paid as follows:
- For General and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) Candidates: Rs. 400/-
- For SC, ST, CAT-1, Tribal Candidates: Rs. 200/-
The application fee can be paid in both online and offline modes. Through debit cards, credit cards, net banking in online mode or offline through challan.
How to Apply
- Check out the official website of Karnataka State Police and make sure you read out the official notification of recruitment.
- Check that you fully satisfy the required eligibility for the post. If yes, then follow the steps shared below.
- Click on the “Application for the Post of Armed Police Constable (Men & Male Transgender) (CAR/DAR) -2022” under “Current Recruitment”.
- Thereafter click on “new application” and then start your registration on the official portal for the exam.
- Make sure you have an active email Id and mobile number to register yourself.
- Enter all the required basic information and after registration, you will be provided with login credentials.
- After that enter all the details in the application form.
- Then you will have to Upload your scanned photograph, signature, left thumb impression, and handwritten declaration in the format prescribed in the form.
- Pay the application fee as per your category through online mode and finally, submit the application form.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the form for future reference.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Notification Link||Click Here link 1
|Check for Updates||Click Here|