Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) has released a notification stating the requirements of candidates for the post of Post Graduate Teacher for various subjects in the Department of Secondary Education, Haryana. Interested candidates can apply for the post if they are eligible to apply for the same from the direct link shared below in the article.
|Online Application Start Date||28 June 2023|
|Online Application End Date||27 July 2023|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||31 July 2023|
|Written Examination Date||To be notified later|
The candidates should satisfy the age criteria prescribed by the concerned authorities. He/she must attain at the time of applying
- Minimum age of 18 years, and
- Maximum age of 42 years
In addition to this, age relaxation rules are also applicable as per the government rules.
The total number of vacancies for the PGT posts is 4476, out of which 3827 are for the Mewat cadre and 649 are for the rest of Haryana. The subject-wise and category-wise distribution of vacancies is given below:
|Subject||Mewat Cadre||Rest of Haryana|
The final shortlisted candidates will be given a salary in the pay scale of Rs.47,600-1,51,100 (Level-8).
- The candidates who wish to apply for the post must hold a Master’s degree in the relevant subject with at least 50% marks from a recognized university and
- A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree from a recognized institution/university.
- The candidate must have qualified for the Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) or School Teachers Eligibility Test (STET) in the concerned subject.
Candidates will have to pay a certain amount as an application fee as per their category through online mode using net banking or e-challan. The application fee is as follows:
|Category of Post||General (Male/Female)||General (Female of Haryana resident only)||SC/BC/EWS Candidates of Haryana State only (Male)||SC/BC/EWS Candidates of Haryana State only (Female)|
|PGT Posts (Except Music)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 125/-||Rs. 125/-||Rs. 75/-|
|PGT Music Post Only||Rs. 125/- for all categories||–||–||–|
Candidates will be selected on the basis of a written examination and socio-economic criteria and experience.
The written examination will have 90 MCQs and will carry a weightage of 90 marks. Also, the time duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
The distribution of marks for different subjects is as follows:
- General Awareness, Reasoning, Maths, Science, Computer, English, Hindi, and concerned or relevant subject: 75%
- History, Current Affairs, Literature, Geography, Civics, Environment, Culture, etc. of Haryana: 25%
The candidates will have to score a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC and PwD) in the written examination to be eligible for the selection.
How to Apply:
The following steps are to be followed by the candidates to apply for the post:
- Go to the official website of HSSC: https://hssc.gov.in/index_new.php
- Thereafter, click on the “apply online” link under advertisement no. 3/2023 for PGT posts.
- Register yourself on the portal using an active email Id and mobile number.
- You will be provided with login credentials. Using that fill in the application form with the required details.
- Then upload the scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other documents as stated in the official notification.
- Pay the application fees through online mode.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other documents as per the specifications.
- Finally, submit the application and take a printout of the same for future reference.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Notification Link||Click Here|
|Check for More Updates||Click Here|